Tuesday 25 February, 6pm
Tudor Room, Imperial Hotel, 61 Russell Sq, London WC1B 5BB
Nearest tube: Euston / Russell Sq / King’s Cross St Pancras – Map
Speakers include (click to see video):
- John McDonnell MP, Shadow Chancellor
- Jane Loftus, CWU President
- Richard Burgon MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Justice
- Mark Serwotka, PCS General Secretary
- Colleen Johnson, NEU Executive, Disabled Members rep
- Howard Beckett, UNITE Assistant General Secretary
- Ian Hodson, BFAWU President
- Lesley Kane, Open University UCU branch president
- Sean Bradley, school student
55,OOO UCU members across the UK have started 14 days of strike action this week. Our fight is to defend our pensions, pay, working conditions and to secure equal pay and end the scourge of caualisation.
The employers and the government have been taken by surprise of the scale of our resistance and our determination to win. By striking to end casualisation we are also ensuring that we can give our students the education they deserve.
We are not alone in this fight. The whole of the trade union movement is with us. They too face the same insecure contracts, cuts in their wages and pensions. They recognise a victory for us will also be a victory for the whole of the working class movement.
Workers from across London will be attending the assembly to demonstrate their solidarity with our fight.