UCU FE branches have delivered an equally stunning response in their campaign for decent pay as USS branches did over pensions.
This means we can now start planning for FE and HE branches to co-ordinate their action starting on Wednesday 28 February.
- Publicise the London Region March for Education demo on 28th Feb. Download the flyer including posters, here: https://uculondonregion.wordpress.com/2018/01/29/education-demonstration
- Plan your strike activities on Feb 28th to focus on UCU Anti Racism day and highlight issues for black workers:
* Make your own banners and placards to raise local Equality issues and link to pay and pensions
* Invite black activists to speak on picket lines
- Come to the London Region USS strike organising meeting on Thursday 15 Feb, 6pm, Malet Place Engineering 1.20. Engineering Building UCL
- Come to the FE Strike Committee meeting on Saturday 24th Feb. All striking colleges welcome. Skype link up for those branches outside London.
Time: 10.30 – 12.30, Venue: Room 1 Carlow St. A light lunch will be provided
- Support casualised staff and HPLs:
- Come to the weekly USS activists’ meeting called by London Region next one is on Tuesday 20th February. Details to follow. ..
FE BALLOT RESULTS
Capital City College Group* 96% 63%
United College Group ^ 90% 60%
New City College~ 94% 63%
Croydon College 88% 68%
Epping Forest College 100% 56%
Havering College 78% 58%
Lambeth College 88% 66%
Richmond-upon-Thames College 93% 60%
Sandwell College 90% 63%
Sunderland College 78% 66%
Sussex Coast College Hastings 85% 66%
* Capital City College Group comprises of the following colleges: City and Islington College, College of Haringey Enfield and North East London, Westminster Kingsway College
^ United College Group comprises of the following colleges: City of Westminster College, College of North West London
~ New City College comprises of the following colleges: Hackney Community College, Redbridge College, Tower Hamlets College